So, I didn't hear from the radiologists on Tuesday. My cardiologist said to call him at noon on Wednesday if I didn't hear anything. Lunch is from noon til one, so I called him back at one. Apparently, the ability to shield a pacemaker from MRI is at the confluence of several specialties, most obviously radiology and cardiology. The delay here is that there are several people to schedule (read: herding cats). The gal on the phone from the radiology place was really nice and even apologetic and empathetic about my wait. That was refreshing! Anyway, a supervising doc has to give the final ok for the MRI to, so there's a chance that the "margin of comfort" that the docs have that the process will be successful has to be there or no MRI for me. That shrinks the "margin of comfort" on my end. The neurosurgeon isn't the one ordering the MRI. My primary doc did the order via my cardiologist in an effort to expedite things for the neurosurgeon. I heard from the neuro's medical assistant that she often does these surgeries with just the CT scan, which is the set of images that I got when this all started. Maybe going to have another CT scan to see what difference there is over this amount of time will give her more than sufficient info. Here's hopin'! All that said, things could be worse:
It's me, Kevin, but with a brain tumor. Disclaimer: I have a very dry and twisted sense of humor. This is a scary situation. The jokes ("tumor humor") could be a little dark from time to time. I intend to keep this rather interesting for you, but if I get a "how could you SAY that?!?" response from you, know it's just, well, I hesitate to use "gallows" humor, but I don't have better phrase for it. Enjoy, and thanks for your support through this time.